24 September 2009

Laura’s Book Recommendation

The Wisdom of Whores

by Elizabeth Pisani

After not reading for a long time I am back on the wagon and it feels good. Today I actually stayed home all day to read 150 pages of this great book. Also, because workmen busted our toilet pipe and I need to supervise by flushing the toilet every so often. I love valid excuses to stay in all day and read. This is book is for anyone that wants to learn about the HIV/AIDS epidemic worldwide. It is very honest and entertaining look at the development world and all declarations that come from years of research and are never acted upon at the expense of many lives. She does an incredible job of unraveling the layers upon layers of complicated issues associated with treatment and prevention of HIV/AIDS. Though I do not always agree with her, she is one of the few that is willing to speak her mind regardless of who she offends. This book has some of my favorite qualities of any book, leaves you with a lot to think about and gives you even more to talk about. HIV/AIDS is complicated shit.

God I wish we could order in tonight. No breaks from cooking ever, if you want dinner. Eish!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment