07 May 2009

We are in Botswana- It seems like for longer than TWO weeks!

Hello to all of you out there. This is going to be short due to time restrictions yet I finally have some information to share and something positive to say. Training is long and somewhat tedious. We are living in with this lovely family in Molepoloe. They are very old and it is refreshing to hear about their life and the changes that have taken place in their life time. I am still learning to deal with my role in the house as a women. But overall no complaints about them and our living situation.

We have met same great people and they have really been helpful with the processing and reflecting of our new life and surroundings. I am traveling with my friend, Jillian, this weekend to another volunteers site and home. It is really nice to see what our future home might be like and what a typical work day is like. As much we like our host mom and dad, it will be great to live and cook on our own.

There is so many stories and insights to share but all of this will have to wait- as the Internet time is running out. When we get our computer back from the PC headquarters- we will definitely be able to write things at home and them upload at the archaic Internet station in Molepoloe.

Miss you all and would love to hear from you. any news is welcome as there are days when the missing home is worse then others.

Matt's Number- 011.267.729.455.36
Lauras Number- 011.267.729.455.34

Our Address for the next six weeks- we sent our selves a packages and it only took two weeks. So the packages can start coming.

Matt Jefferson/Laura Caito
Peace Corps
Private Bag 00243
Gaborone
Botswana

* these phone numbers and address are not going to be posted for long. I need to maintain some privacy.

We will definlty send a more secific list of things we need sent when we get settled into our new home.

matt is at another site and we are hoping to meet up this weekend.

miss you all and kisses from bots


laura

2 comments:

  1. I'm getting a package ready for you two! I miss you and I'm sorry I've been such a slacker on the calling card front! It's on my to do list!
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,
    I am sending NY mag, People -100 most beautiful people, Vanity Fair, Rolling stone, and some extra surprises.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete